Monday 14 April 2014

Dan's Pick: "在日フアンク (Zainichi Funk)"

                                                             
Hey!

Welcome to "Dan's Pick"! On the 15th of every month, I'm going to share with you a song that I really enjoy or find interesting. Usually it's just both. So to start off, I'm going to offer you something I'm quite fond of!

I came across this group through a friend of mine about a year ago. They're a funk band called 在日フアンク (Zainichi Funk). The song I'm posting isn't the song I first heard, but it's my favorite of the songs I have listened to. It comes off of their self titled album released in 2010. I think a lot of James Brown when I hear the vocalist, Hamano Kenta, singing. Also the way he moves and dances is also very James Brown-esque. The horns are soothing and remind me of summer. Between the band members they create a good sound and atmosphere and are a very tight band.

I'll quit jabbering and let you find out for yourself, eh?


[Official PV Zainichi Funk "きず"]

Band members:

Hamano Kenta (vocals)
Keita Murakami (bass)
Yoshihiko Oogi Liang (guitar)
Makoto Takeshi Nagata (drums)
Fukushima, "Pete" Mikio (sax)
Kubota Shigeru (trombone)
Murakami Motoe (trumpet)

You can purchase their music from YesAsia HERE!

Visit their Official Website,

Or follow them on Twitter!