Monday 7 July 2014

The Weekly Quickie: HOLY CRAP NEW RELEASES! Edition

I don't know about you guys, but my head (not to mention my wallet) is absolutely SPINNING over all the new releases announced for this summer and fall season so, I thought I'd help you guys get your head around it all by making up a list of some of the most notable and most sought after albums.  You ready?  Ok, let's go.


MY BACTERIA HEAT ISLAND.  I have really been looking forward to this one, and it's finally here!  My Bacteria Heat Island released their first EP, titled Nisshin Geppo, on July 2nd.  The EP comes with 5 tracks and a 12 page poetry book.  That's right, I said poetry!  Check the preview, then GO GET IT before it sells out!



Also release on July 2nd is Royz newest release, Core.  After the sudden departure of their guitarist Kazuki due to his mother's illness, this is sure to be an important and emotional release for all involved. The album is available in two types, the A type containing the PV for Revelation, and the B Type containing bonus track.


MORAN's latest single "but Beautiful" will release July 16 in two types.  Type A includes the PV for but Beautiful and Type B includes a third song, titled "Break the silence."  Check out a clip here.


My love for Ryo and his whiskey barrel voice is deep as the ocean, hence my excitement over the re-release of HOLLOWGRAM's debut EP, Qualia.  The initial release was limited and, as far as I know (because I couldn't find it) unavailable overseas.  The album, which releases July 30, comes in two types, "Albus" and "Rufus," and feature fully remastered versions of the original as well as new tracks. 


Sadie has also announced the release of their latest album, titled "GANGSTA," on September 24.  Not a lot of details on this one just yet, but Sadie never fails to deliver, so I'm confident it's worth a pickup.


Kamaleo is a band that never quits, and they're proving it by dropping a DOUBLE release in July!  The single, titled "Obake," and the mini-album, titled "Shisakuhin"  both release July 23.

There is so much stuff coming out and I would love to blurb them all, but really, who wants to read all that?  So, below is a list of some other stuff coming out in the next few months I think you should pay attention to.  Did I miss something?  Let me know in the comments and I'll add it to the list!


Duel Jewel - Story. August 27
Matenrou Opera - Avalon  Sept 3
Grieva - Kuroi Yuri no Hana to XXX. Oct 1
An Cafe - Mousoumomousorosoro. Sept 24

And that's the Quickie.  Anyone seen my wallet?