Friday 13 February 2015

Japan Nite Artist Introductions Round 1: moumoon


Japan Nite Tour 2015 will soon be gracing our shores, celebrating their 20th anniversary and bringing with them yet another amazing host of Japanese musicians.  We at Project:  Lixx aim to introduce you to each of them in turn, starting with pop duo, moumoon.  Formed in 2005, the pair have graced Japan with their mellow, melodic sound with well over 20 releases since their inception.  Their latest release, Hello Shooting Star, is available for download and physical purchase February 25.  Japan Nite will mark their first American performance.  Check out our full interview with moumoon below.

Artist Name:
moumoon

Members:

YUKA(Vocal)
MASAKI(Compose,Guiter)


1. Introductions: Describe your band in ten words or less.

moumoon embraces listeners with ”Happy pop, also colorful, warm & sentimental” sound.
- moumoon

2. Favorites: What is the one thing you can’t live without?

My blanket.(blue sheep printed). I can't sleep without it since I was little.
- YUKA

All my friends!
- MASAKI

What do you have to have with you when you travel?

A handy notebook to draw and write down lyrics.
- YUKA

Earphone
- MASAKI

Would you turn around and go back if you realized you forgot it?

My phone!
- YUKA

A scarf in a cold day
- MASAKI



3. Influences: What are your major musical influences?

Oasis、Alanis Morisette、The Cardigans
- YUKA

中学生でギターを始めたころにいっぱいコピーをした、ハードロックバンド
In Junior High School when I was first learning guitar, I often copied hard rock bands.
- MASAKI

What is the first CD/tape/record you ever bought?

The Morning Glory by Oasis (at HMV Shibuya.)
- YUKA

初めて買ったのは日本のアイドルだけど、初めて買った洋楽のCDは、たぶんMr.Bigです。
The first one I bought was a Japanese album, but the first Western CD was probably Mr.Big.
- MASAKI

Is there any one song or one record that made you look at your life differently?

A demo song that Masaki composed.
When I listened to it for the first time, I felt like,”This song will change my whole life.” And a year later, this song became our first single called ”Flowers”.
- YUKA

Alanis Morisette - You Oughta know 当時グラミーで歌う映像を見て、こんなかっこいい曲を作りたい、と思いました。
Alanis Morisette - You Oughta Know   At that time, I watched her sing at the Grammy's and I thought, I want to make a cool song like that.
- MASAKI

4. Food: What is your favorite food?

Sushi, Gyoza
- YUKA

YAKINIKU
- MASAKI

Is there anything you are excited to eat or try during your trip to the US?

I love, Sinnabon!シナボンが、大好き!20年ぶりくらいにタコベルにいきたい。
I love Cinnabon!  I've wanted to go to Taco Bell for about 20 years.
- YUKA

5.Past: How did your band get together and what were you like when you first started?

一緒に夏フェスへライブを見に行ったこと。そこで知りあったことがきっかけで、マサキくんのデモ曲を聴く事に繋がった。そして、曲を聴いた後は、すぐにmoumoonを結成したいと思った!
 We went to see a live at Summer Fest together.  So, we became aware of each other by chance and I heard Masaki-kun's demo song.   After I heard the song, I immediately thought I want to form moumoon!
- YUKA

7. Present: How has your band changed or evolved from the beginning?

昔は曲と歌詞を別々に作ってきたけれど、(マサキは曲、歌詞はユカ、というように)最近では一緒に作るようになった。
 In the old days, we made the song and lyrics separately (Masaki writes music, Yuka writes lyrics) but now we do it together.
- moumoon

8.Future: What are your plans and hopes for the future? 

旅行しながら歌詞や曲、絵を描きたい。
While traveling, I want to paint a picture with music and lyrics.-YUKA


できたら、東京よりももっと自然が多いところに住んでいたい。
If I can, I want to live somewhere with more nature than Tokyo.-MASAKI

9. Survivor: If you were going to be dropped on a desert island and could only bring one book, one movie and one music album with you, what would you bring?

I would bring...Series of ”Pretty little liars” novel.”The Devil wears Prada” movie.  The album ”First band on the moon” by The Cardigans.
-YUKA

古いジャッキーチェンの映画
Old Jackie Chan movies-MASAKI

10. Last words: Why should we come see your band? What message would you like to give to your current and potential fans?’

moumoonのライブは、リラックス出来て、ゆったりと、気持ち良い時間になると思います。
アメリカでライブするのは生まれて初めてだし、とても楽しい時間にしたいと思っています!
ぜひステージに遊びに来てくださいね!

As for the moumoon live, I think you can relax and have a calm, good time. Since it's our first time doing a live in America, I think I want to have a really good time! Please make sure to stop by our stage!


Thank you to moumoon, Shinsuke Kato of Avex Management and Audrey Kimura of Benten.


~Kort

March 20, 2015 (Friday)
@ Elysium
705 RED RIVER AUSTIN TEXAS 78705